Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bill Cosby says gun owners want to kill people

Bill Cosby commented on the Trayvon Martin shooting by blaming guns.
"We've got to get the gun out of the hands of people who are supposed to be on neighborhood watch," Cosby said in his first public remarks about the case, published today.
 Apparently, people shouldn't be allowed to carry guns while on neighborhood watch even if they have a concealed carry permit. I would think that people working a neighborhood watch shift would be in more danger than the average person because criminals casing the neighborhood might notice them and want to take them out before breaking into a house. I wouldn't want to work a neighborhood watch without having a weapon on me.

Cosby goes beyond that first strange idea to make the assumption that gun owners, and more specifically those with concealed carry permits, want to kill people.
"When you carry a gun, you mean to harm somebody, kill somebody."
I spent thirteen years as a peace officer and have had my carry permit for the past several years. At no time did I ever intend or even want to kill somebody. In fact, I've always wanted just the opposite, to be left alone in peace. I carried a gun back then and still carry one now because the world can be a dangerous place. We just never know when that danger might show up and decide to involve us. If we lived in Cosby's fantasy land, we would be left defenseless to the criminals of the world who will undoubtedly be armed and willing to kill or injure us to get what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment